Obstetrics deals with pregnancy and at vijay Laxmi hospital we believe that the most important event in the history of a family is welcoming a new member into it. Gynaecology deals with diseases of women and we believe that the woman is the backbone of the family and should be cared for.
The department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology is very vibrant. Equipment in the department is the latest and the technology is the ‘cutting edge’ in this field. We cater to all the obstetric women and have a special High Risk Obstetric clinic. Fetal monitoring is done by 4D ultrasound machines that are the flagship models of the company.The department has the very latest suites for child birth such as the single room birthing complex or LDRP (Labor Delivery Recovery and Puerperium) suites. The suite helps the family to be with the laboring mother, till delivery. This helps in family bonding.Every need of the mother and child can be met at the VHRC. We welcome you to come to the hospital and experience the warm ambience and the tender loving care for mother and child .
Pre Pregnancy Counseling :
Pre-pregnancy counseling is offered to any woman planning a baby. It is important for every couple to seek advice before embarking on a pregnancy.
•Screening of medical disorders is done. A thorough check up is done to detect any ailment such as diabetes, thyroid disorders, heart problems, and the like.
• Diagnosis, treatment and advice are offered to stabilize the would-be mother before pregnancy.
• Genetic counseling, if necessary, is offered.
• Screening for Rubella immune status, Haemoglobin electrophoresis and sexually transmitted diseases like HIV / Hepatitis B is offered.
• Women with problems like septum, polycystic ovary and endometriosis are assessed and treated.
• Also, expecting mothers who have taken to drugs, smoking and drinking are counseled on its repercussions on pregnancy.
• Regular Follow up.
All forms of Gynecological surgeries are performed in this hospital. If for some disease, the uterus requires removal then vaginal route is the best approach for removal of uterus. Our department has experienced surgeons who can perform these difficult vaginal surgeries.
Besides these traditional surgeries we also keep abreast with newer technologies. ‘ Minimal access ‘(Laparoscopic) surgeries are routinely done at our hospital and we have internationally acclaimed faculty to perform these surgeries.